Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

Daily Feast Devotional - Create In Me A Clean Heart

Daily Feast Devotional from JesusWired.com

“Create in me a clean heart”
by David C. Coleman

“Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners shall be converted to You." - Psalm 51:10-13

It has been said that when you reach the end of your rope, it is there that you will find God. We often create the circumstances which lead us to this end. God has provided a process of reconciliation with Him through His son Jesus Christ. All He asks from us is that we are humble enough to acknowledge our sin, confess it to Him, and attempt to remain free and clear of that sin. It is ONLY when we cease to struggle with our sin and fail to confess it that it becomes unforgiven. In 1st John 1:9 the bible states that “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” The interesting thing about God is that He most often asks us to take the initial action. In these instances, WE must move first in order to receive His blessings. He is big into "if/then" propositions. Think about the seal exhibit at a Seaquarium. The seal performs the “trick” and the trainer throws a fish reward. If the seal performs the trick, it then receives the reward. God similarly asks us to step out in faith in order to receive the blessings He has promised. If we take the initiative to step out in faith and ask forgiveness (i.e. "perform the trick"), he will separate our sin from us. We will no longer own that sin, and the conduit to His joyful blessings will no longer be blocked.

God requires a clean heart in order to bless us. In Romans Chapter 12, we are challenged not to be conformed by this world, but rather to be transformed by the renewing of our mind. This renewing is available to all on a daily basis, but it requires action on our part. We can remain in God’s good graces if we simply continue to acknowledge our sinful nature and ask Him to deliver us.

Dear Lord, I stand before you with a humble and contrite heart. I know I am a sinner, Lord. I know that I grieve your Spirit on a daily basis as I pursue my own selfish desires. I want to remain pure before You, O Lord. I ask that you reveal my sin to me and give me the strength and courage to confess, and the gratitude to willingly accept the grace available to me each and every day. I pray for those reading this. I pray for those who’ve been confronted with their sin and have chosen not to respond. May you use your Holy truths to change the hearts and minds of unrepentant sinners. I pray for a supernatural awakening in their spirit right now. Show them your love, compassion and mercy. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment